Skip to main content

39 Weeks


I really need to stop reading/ watching birth stories
because I'm so emotional these days I start bawling every time I do.
 It's just so amazing to watch and know that will be me soon.
It seems like every tv show I watch there is a baby born so that doesn't help either. :)

My first contractions of the pregnancy happened this week.
Just a couple of irregular ones, but it's nice to know I'm making progress
and my body is getting ready! At my appointment they also said I'm a good 2 now.
We will just continue to wait and try to be patient!




Here is my thankful list for this past week...

Day 3: I'm thankful for cameras and all the memories they capture. 
I love going through photos and remembering the highlights of life. 

Day 4: I'm thankful for thoughtful and caring people.
 It's so easy to be busy with our own lives, 
but I really appreciate people who 
are good at stopping to think of and serve others. 
It's something I hope to get better at. 

Day 5: One year ago, on November 5, 2013 
we found out our 1st baby no longer had a heartbeat. 
It was one of the hardest times I've gone through thus far, 
but I'm so thankful for trials and the experience they give me. 
And now we have this "rainbow baby" after the storm. 

Day 6: I'm thankful for Landon.
He is such a hard worker and great friend to me.
He has worked full time, gone to law school full time,
and started a branch of his business in Iowa, all in this last year.
This has allowed me to stay home and fulfill my
dream of starting my own design blog and business.
I love him more than anything
and can't imagine being married to anyone else. 

Day 7: I'm thankful for the holiday season.
As much as I love summer,
I love the sights, sounds, smells, and feeling of this time of year.


Day 8: I'm thankful for good food.
Who doesn't love food. Our life basically revolves around it.
Fresh produce, yummy salads, dinner from your favorite restaurant. Yum.


Day 9: I'm thankful for art and creativity.
It makes my life richer and fuller and
I'm thankful to be blessed with talents in these areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY Today! - CLOSED

SORRY, THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.  I have a lovely little giveaway for you today!  The majority vote was for the West Elm gift card, so that's what our lucky winner will get, $25 to spend on whatever they would like at West Elm!  To enter you can do one or all of the following: 1 // Share this giveaway on Facebook 2 // Share on Instagram  3 // Share on Twitter 4 // Share on your own blog 5 // Become a follower of this lovely blog 6 // "Like" Carpe Diem Design on Facebook  Then leave a comment here telling me what you did to enter.  The more things you do, the more times your name will be entered into the drawing.  Winner will be announced Wednesday morning! 

20 Weeks

I will be 20 weeks with baby #2 in just a couple of days. Baby boy #2 that is! Half way! I'm finally getting around to taking a picture of myself and writing down a little bit about this pregnancy.  It's definitely been different this time around both emotionally and physically.  Of course I have another child to attend to so I can't nap whenever I want, I felt more sick this time around and it lasted longer, and worst of all for me is the teenage acne I've developed.  I don't intend for this to be a sob story, but I've never been the girl that everyone says "You're so pretty" to and I've never been the skinny girl. But I have always had really great skin. To be honest, most of my confidence in my outward appearance is because I have my mom's skinny legs and I have clear skin and a natural tan. Well these days I literally cringe when I look in the mirror. I've NEVER had acne. I've always had the occasional breakout tha...

Another Week, Another Hike

My aunt, mom, and I headed up Holbrook Canyon last Saturday to take in more of Fall's goodness. This canyon is just above the Bountiful, Utah Temple. The last time I hiked it was ages ago, so I forgot about how long of a hike it is. I looked up the mileage online which said 8 miles up and back. Well I don't know if that's accurate or what because after we had gone what I swear was 4-5 miles, we still weren't to the top and had to turn around so we could make it back before dark. A lot of the trail is uphill and it's not a really easy hike, so maybe we were just making slower time and didn't go as far as I thought, but maybe next time we'll actually make it to the top. Even though we didn't make it, it was still worth the beautiful scenery. As we got toward the bottom as the sun was practically gone, the canyon was glowing from all the brilliant colored leaves. It was seriously magical, as cheesy as that sounds. It's a shaded hike, almos...